PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, carelessness, recklessness, misconduct, or unlawful conduct, you might be entitled to receive an award of monetary compensation from a personal injury lawsuit. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can increase your chances of a favorable resolution to your case. Indeed, a seasoned and knowledgeable lawyer can help to maximize the financial award you receive.
What can I sue for in a personal injury case?
Some of the damages you may receive compensation for include:
- Past and future pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life because of your injury
- Past and future lost income and other financial benefits you lost due to being absent from work while recovering from your injury
- Past and future medical bills and expenses associated with the harm you suffered
- If you are married, your spouse can also claim damages for the effect of the injury upon your marriage, including loss of companionship, love, and spousal services
- In cases where personal injury results in death, a claim can be made for financial losses caused to the surviving spouse, children, and any other dependants.
How long will it take for my personal injury claim to be resolved?
How long do I have to bring a legal case against the party responsible for causing my injury?
The time requirement for filing a lawsuit depends on who it is you need to sue. An injured adult has to file their case within a statute of limitations established by the state in which he or she lives. You will have to start a lawsuit against the negligent person or entity, according to that statute of limitations beginning from the time the accident happened. However, a medical malpractice lawsuit may have a different statute of limitations. A personal injury action against someone who causes your injury intentionally must be filed within a specific statute of limitations, as well.
Do personal injury claims have to go to trial?
If the insurance company representing the negligent or responsible party does not make a reasonable offer to settle your lawsuit, it is essential that you bring your case into court. If necessary, it will be tried before a jury. Although many cases will settle for fair value before going to court, it is crucial for you and your personal injury attorney to be prepared to fight it out in court. Please don’t wait until it’s too late to get started. Hire the services of a personal injury attorney.
What To Expect From A Personal Injury CaseMarch 27, 2023/0 Comments
Head Injuries In Slip And Fall AccidentsFebruary 12, 2023/
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Employment LitigationJanuary 24, 2023/